Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The woes of exercising

Why is exercising so HARD?!?!?!?
I started exercising 2 days ago (wish I could say at least a week) and I am already pooped out. My legs are sore, I woke up with a Charlie horse. I just feel slumpy, but even worse, I feel like the one on the right when among friends:


















I used to exercise all the time before I was married. I loved it. Why do I always have to drag myself out the door before going?? I think the movies and snack food, like peanut butter crackers, fun fruits and the desire to chill/talk with Jared have replaced my love for exercising.

Thankfully, Jared has started to exercise. I think he is noticing the big bump I have on my abs (no, I am not pregnant). He kicks me out of the house, while he stays indoors and does his g-ball exercises. He loves it. It involves a basketball-looking ball and you swing it all around you in a, supposedly, graceful manner, and call it exercise. I, on the other hand, enjoy the outdoors and prefer to feel good about myself by hitting the pavement and seeing how far I can go. Last night, after I was done, I was proud at how far I had gone. I estimated it to be about 1.5 miles, running without stopping.


So, in the end, (the next day), I feel pretty good about myself. I feel like I've accomplished something. Granted, I have been hobbling around today and I moan when I pick up Sam, but it's the feeling inside. It's that pat-on-the-back feeling good. I think I will keep doing it.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'm with ya.

PS: we started Z on rice, but he didn't eat solids, like, AT ALL until he was 8 months. We tried all kinds of different foods and he didn't like any of them. Then, all of a sudden, he was like, "Okay, let's do this thing!" He also really liked the Baby Mum-Mums you can get at Walmart or Albertsons.

The Marvelous Mrs. Miller said...

Good Job! keep up the good work & you deserve a pat on the back!

Kristen said...

Getting married definately makes getting around to exercise more difficult, but that's nothing compared to having a baby! I don't know about you, but it is sooo hard to make time for excercise with Miles around (particularly since I work all day now and there snow outside! (Yes, I said snow...in October) Best of luck keeping with the exercise thing.