Monday, October 6, 2008

General Conference

On Conference day, we had Rachel Judd and her son, Tyler, over so Sam and Tyler could play together. Tyler is 10 months old and tried to "play" with Sam.




















Rachel looking at our pictures from Hawaii and Jared watching Sam.






I loved President Eryings talk of unity. He talked about how we need to look for similarities in others who believe differently than us. He said that children of God have more similarities than differences. I think it is a call for us to love those of other faiths and to treat those differences with respect and love. He used the term of being a "peacemaker" when talking to other individuals, whether it being our spouses, family, friends, or nonmembers. I have seen many marriages decline due to the pride of one or both spouse always wanting to be right and never seeming to agree.
I thought he spoke to me on the criticizing of others. He said we should always speak good of one another. He said, "I can promise you a feeling of peace and joy when you speak generously of others... You will feel unity...it will be because the Lord will let you feel his appreciation for choosing to step away from the possibility of sowing seeds of disunity." I have felt both the feeling of peace come as I have spoken well of others and the feelings of regret and disunity as I have spoken unwell of others. I resolved to change my view and to always seek and look for the good in each one of us (including myself) and to be a "peacemaker."

No comments: